Spectrum’s 1100 Series Stoneware Glazes come in a variety of colors and surface finishes. All of these glazes are Dinnerware Safe except 1112, 1114, 1116, 1187 and 1188. Toxicity ratings vary: see ‘Specs’ under individual colors for this information. Available in liquid Pts and Gals for brushing or dry for dipping. Apply to Cone 04 bisque and fire to Cone 5.
Spectrum Dry Glaze Mixing Instructions.pdf
Many of the materials used by potters in glazes and clay are potentially hazardous substances. We at Bailey feel you should take precautions to minimize exposure.
1) Handle materials carefully. Avoid spillage. Keep materials covered.
2) Wear a NIOSH approved respirator. Avoid breathing all dust and mist.
3) Wear rubber gloves when glazing or painting with oxides and stains.
4) Keep your workspace clean and free of dust.
5) Wash your workclothes separately from other clothing.
6) Do not eat or smoke in your workspace.
7) Use a wet mop or toxic dust vacuum for cleaning: never sweep or use a standard shop vac.
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) are available on CD-ROM in PDF format. Please call 1-800-431-6067 for more details. A CD-ROM disc can be included with your order upon verbal request.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Silica, crystalline (airborne particles of respirable size), which are known to the State of California to cause cancer,. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.