WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Silica, crystalline (airborne particles of respirable size), which are known to the State of California to cause cancer,
For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Spectrum’s NOVA Stoneware Glazes are available in 2 formulas: DIPPING and BRUSHING. All NOVA stoneware glazes are formulated mainly from raw materials and oxides rather than frits and stains. These materials are easier to keep in suspension and require fewer additives. The series includes a wide pallet and layers nicely.
The DIPPING Formula is packaged dry in 7.5# containers or in liquid Gallons designated 'Dip'. This version contains almost no gums and dries much quicker than brushing glazes.
The BRUSHING Formula is available in liquid Pints and Gallons designated 'Brush' and have gums added to improve their brushing qualities. These gums cause the glaze to adhere better to the brush and dry more slowly allowing for smooth brush application. Cone 5.
All NOVA Dipping Glazes are Dinnerware Safe except 1501 Clear Crackle. Toxicity ratings vary: see ‘Specs’ under individual colors for this information. Apply to Cone 04 bisque and fire to Cone 5.
Dry Mixing Instructions for Spectrum Nova.doc.pdf
Many materials used by potters in glazes and clay are potentially hazardous substances. We at Bailey feel you should take precautions to minimize exposure.
1. Handle materials carefully. Avoid spillage. Keep materials covered.
2. Wear a NIOSH approved respirator. Avoid breathing all dusts.
3. Wear rubber gloves when glazing or painting with oxides or stains.
4. Keep your workspace clean, free of dust.
5. Wash your work clothes separately from other clothing.
6. Do not eat or smoke in your workspace.
7. Use a wet mop for cleaning or a toxic dust vacuum cleaner.
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) are available on CD-ROM's in PDF format. Please call 1-800-431-6067 for more details. A CD-ROM disk can be enclosed with your order upon verbal request.