Coyote’s Shino glazes are gorgeous and most unusual, a rare combination of beauty and reliability. The color is sensitive to thickness, breaking brown where thinner and giving interest to the surface. Very user friendly, the Shinos are easy to apply, are not runny and are at their best over texture; they're also great over other glazes. Toxicity and Dinnerware Safety ratings vary: see ‘Specs’ under individual colors for this information. Apply to Cone 04 bisque and fire to Cone 5/6.
Coyote Dry Glaze Mixing Instructions.pdf
Many of the materials used by potters in glazes and clay are potentially hazardous substances. We at Bailey feel you should take precautions to minimize exposure.
1) Handle materials carefully. Avoid spillage. Keep materials covered.
2) Wear a NIOSH approved respirator. Avoid breathing all dust and mist.
3) Wear rubber gloves when glazing or painting with oxides and stains.
4) Keep your workspace clean and free of dust.
5) Wash your workclothes separately from other clothing.
6) Do not eat or smoke in your workspace.
7) Use a wet mop or toxic dust vacuum for cleaning: never sweep or use a standard shop vac.
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) are available on CD-ROM in PDF format. Please call 1-800-431-6067 for more details. A CD-ROM disc can be included with your order upon verbal request.