WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals, including crystalline silica, which is known to the State of CA. to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more info go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Laguna’s Cone 5 Crystal Blossom Glazes create spectacular crystals when fired using the recommended firing schedule- see ‘Tips’. This firing schedule may require adjustment in different kilns and under varying conditions. The heat soak required to form the crystals causes these glazes to run so application should be thinner toward the bottom of your piece. Test to see how much they run and use kiln wash to protect your shelves. These glazes are independently certified Non Toxic but are not considered Dinnerware Safe due to the rough, uneven surface produced by the crystals themselves. Apply to Cone 04 bisque and fire as directed.
Laguna Dry Glaze Mixing Instructions.pdf
Crystal Blossom Glaze Firing Schedule
There is no such thing as a foolproof firing schedule for crystalline glazes. This is a good place to start for Cone 5:
Many of the materials used by potters in glazes and clay are potentially hazardous substances. We at Bailey feel you should take precautions to minimize exposure.
1) Handle materials carefully. Avoid spillage. Keep materials covered.
2) Wear a NIOSH approved respirator. Avoid breathing all dust and mist.
3) Wear rubber gloves when glazing or painting with oxides and stains.
4) Keep your workspace clean and free of dust.
5) Wash your workclothes separately from other clothing.
6) Do not eat or smoke in your workspace.
7) Use a wet mop or toxic dust vacuum for cleaning: never sweep or use a standard shop vac.
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) are available on CD-ROM in PDF format. Please call 1-800-431-6067 for more details. A CD-ROM disc can be included with your order upon verbal request.